In this section we will create a container template that we can use to apply to any conference to turn it into a Work Order conference. You can apply rules, permissions, resources and view properties for a template and then apply that template to any conference.
In your groups folder
- Create a new Container Template.Group
- Name it IT Work Order CT
- Change the Views/Resources: to Default Template View
- Click on the Resources button to open the Resources Folder for the Container
- Copy the resources from your IT Work Order conference Rules folder to this folder using <CTRL> Drag (option drag on Mac)
Change Model View
- Click on Model View
- Dismiss the launch bar panel as it is not applicable
- Split horizontal
- Set the top pane to View by Icon with the ITRequest.jpg background (exactly as you did with the conference)
- Set the bottom pane to have variable height rows
- Click on Permissions
- Check Use View From Server
- Set form to use as Custom IT Work Request
- Set reply preference to Reply Sender
Create a new Work Order Conference
- Create a New Standard Conference and give it any name you like
- Set the permissions to Do Not Publish in Directory
- Assign the IT Work Order CT to the Belongs to: field
Verify and Test
- Verify that the conference now appears as the original IT Work Order conference.
- Set appropriate permissions on this conference as you did for the original conference and test.